Preparing for What is Ahead in Life
What is in your future?
Whether you are planning to enter the workforce after high school, go to college, or you are just trying to find your way; Guidance is a great place to start your search. We have resources available to help you find answers and make decisions about your future.
Students of any age can start searching for an applying for scholarships for college or technical/votech institutions.
Before applying for any scholarships online, be sure you know what a scholarship scam looks like. You can prepare yourself by reading the articles at http://www.finaid.org/scholarships/scams.phtml
Professional church work vocations within the LCMS: Visit this website to learn more about professional careers in the LCMS. https://www.lcms.org/set-apart-to-serve
More information about preparing for your future is available in the links below.
- ACT Test Dates – ACT Registration
- SAT Test Dates – SAT Registration
- Method Test Prep
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- Lutheran Colleges and Universities
- Fastweb Scholarship Search
- FAFSA on the Web – U.S. Department of Education
- FAFSA PIN Registration
- FAFSA 4CASTER
- Federal Student Aid for Students
- Guide to Federal Student Aid
- Financial Aid Calculators
- Common Application
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- mikeroweWORKS Foundation
- mikeroweWORKS Foundation and Midwest Technical Institute Scholarship
- GPA Calculator
- Best Illinois Colleges according to Intelligent.com
Scholarship Search Websites
FinAid: FinAid.Org provides a wide variety of information helpful to help you in preparing to pay for college.
FAFSA is the official government website for free Federal college financial aid. Most colleges will require you to fill out a FAFSA if you wish to receive financial aid.
Scholarships are listed on this page: https://www.coslhs.org/collegescholarshipinfo.